- Great lifestyle, health & educational facilities
- 35 hrs/wk with a 9 day fortnight
- Based in beautiful Corowa NSW
Federation Council is a prospering rural community situated on the Murray River centrally located between the rural cities of Albury, Wodonga, Wangaratta, Wagga Wagga and Shepparton. Corowa is 3 hours from Melbourne, 4 hours from Canberra and 6 hours from Sydney.
Do you want to part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? Federation Council might be the right career move for you.
Federation Council is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Environmental Health professional to work in our Planning and Environmental team. This position will assist the Department to provide a high quality environmental health service for Federation Council.
The appointment will be in accordance with the Local Government State Award and Council’s policies and conditions of employment. The salary will be within the range of $1385.70 to $1730.60 per week, depending on qualifications, experience and skills. This is a grade 21 to 26 in Federation Council’s Salary System.
For your application to be considered you will need the following documents:
- Cover Letter – detailing - what position you are applying for, introducing yourself to Council and why you believe you are the right candidate for the position.
- Resume – Your current resume detailing your work history, qualifications, skills and 2 work referee contact information.
- Selection Criteria – Selection criteria represents the key qualifications, training, abilities, knowledge, personal attributes, skills and experience a person must have in order to do the job effectively. You must meet the selection criteria in order to be considered for a position and you do this by addressing each criteria point in writing. Generally 50-100+ word answers are sufficient for each criteria, give examples of what you have done in previous employment that relates to the criteria. The Selection Criteria is detailed in the Position Description document.
Applications need to be submitted by 5.00pm on Friday 17 April 2020
Please visit the Federation Council website Careers page to discover more about this role and how to apply.
Please note that all employees with Council will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment and a drug and alcohol test as part of the interview process.
Council is an equal opportunity employer.