About the Organisation
Gympie Regional Council (GRC) is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Gympie Regional Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward-thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
Senior Planning Engineer
Remuneration: $95,424 per annum plus 13% super
Closing Date: Sunday 29 November 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
About the Opportunity
GRC now has an excellent opportunity for a proactive and driven Senior Planning Engineer to join the Water Business Unit (WBU) team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Manager - Strategic Planning (Water Business Unit) you will primarily be responsible for providing specialist strategic infrastructure planning and water and sewerage network modelling services to the WBU.
Your role will focus on the long-term effective planning, delivery, operation and maintenance of Council’s water, sewerage and recycled water infrastructure, including considerable liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
Your day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Undertaking and providing detailed infrastructure planning and emergent advice in a commercially, environmentally and sustainable manner;
- Reviewing water and sewerage components of Local Government Infrastructure Plans in partnership with the Planning and Development Directorate;
- Developing, calibrating and maintaining hydraulic network models of water and sewerage systems in order to satisfy Performance Service Level Obligations;
- Developing and undertaking field monitoring programs and calibrating network models to provide reliable intelligence on system performance; and
- Undertaking feasibility studies and project scoping to support the development of annual capital works programs.
To be considered for this role, you will require:
- a tertiary qualification in a suitable Engineering discipline and/or significant demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of water and sewerage infrastructure strategies and feasibility analysis.
- relevant experience in water and sewerage network modelling and interpretation.
- the ability to assess and plan for the future capacity of the existing network using modelling software.
- demonstrated interpersonal and intercultural communication and negotiation skills to facilitate liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders,
- a demonstrated ability to analyse problems and produce effective solutions through your ability to visualise the 'big picture' and think strategically.
- high level ability to work independently and autonomously, with an exceptional ability to organise and prioritise competing tasks.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Mr Sayed Khan, Manager - Strategic Planning on 5481 0713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Ros McVicar, Advisor - Human Resources 5481 0646 or email email@example.com