Water Resources Engineer
Water Resources Engineer
We are an integrated team of passionate civil engineers, landscape architects, surveyors, town planners, urban designers, water engineers, digital specialists and visual media artists providing consultancy services to the property and infrastructure sectors. Our team of more than 300 people work across eight offices in Victoria, NSW and the ACT.
At Spiire, we believe our culture is our difference. We’re a forward-thinking, people-centric organisation that recognises the importance of working as one team towards a common goal. As a successful and growing employee-owned business, we recognise and reward the contributions of our people and provide real opportunities and pathways for career progression.
About the role
As an Engineer in our Geelong team, you’ll enjoy exposure to a range of projects and have the opportunity to collaborate with other disciplines. Responsibilities include:
- Working with landscape architects, planners, urban designers and surveyors to deliver integrated and sustainable outcomes with a focus on urban stormwater and environmental objectives
- Support Senior Water Engineers in the design of stormwater assets (e.g. wetlands, raingardens), stormwater harvesting and drainage infrastructure
- Undertake Stormwater Management Strategies for a diverse range of catchments and projects
- Provide assistance on hydrological and flood studies, including flood modelling and hydrologic analysis
- Preparation of documentation for tender, design and construction phases
- Attend meetings and briefings and communicate with agencies, authorities and clients as required
You’re a self-motivated individual seeking a professional and fun environment to cement your design and technical skills further. You’ll demonstrate:
- Hands-on design experience with working knowledge of 12D and ACAD
- Qualified with a relevant degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Understand the role of stormwater management infrastructure within the community
- A passion for water, the environment and making a difference
- Creative thinker with a solution-focused approach
- Knowledge of any of the following programs would be advantageous; GIS, Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, MUSIC, SOURCE, TUFLOW, RORB or InfoWorks ICM
Culture & Benefits:
At Spiire, we believe that our culture is our difference and we’re looking for individuals who are keen to contribute to it positively. Here’s a snapshot of what’s on offer:
- Structured internal training programs for employees at all levels
- A key focus on developing each other with knowledge-sharing forums and a mentoring program.
- Genuine flexibility with the tools and technology to support your successful integration, whether from the office or home.
- A range of fun and social initiatives to keep our employees connected including team events, social club and weekly happy hour.
- Regular health and wellbeing initiatives to promote both physical and mental health.
For more information on Spiire, check out our website at www.spiire.com.au
- Closing Date:
- 22 Dec 2022
- VIC - Geelong
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Water Resources Planning