Senior Flood Modeller
Senior Flood Modeller
We are an integrated team of passionate civil engineers, landscape architects, surveyors, town planners, urban designers, water engineers, digital specialists and visual media artists providing consultancy services to the property and infrastructure sectors. Our team of more than 350 people work across ten offices in VIC, NSW, SA, QLD and the ACT.
We are looking for a qualified engineer with deep knowledge and experience in flood modelling to join our team in the capacity of National Flood Modelling Lead. You’ll be responsible for leading and delivering hydrological and flood modelling assessments across a variety of brownfields infrastructure and land development projects. You’ll be exposed to a wide range of integrated projects and enjoy true variety in your work.
This role will see you:
- Being known as the subject matter expert on all issues modelling related, across the business nationally
- Use your expertise to enhance our current engineering design offerings as well as build new business
- Developing flood modelling capability within the wider water engineering team
- Championing digital design delivery and ensuring industry best practices are at the forefront
- Providing input into design direction, documentation, fee proposals and other documentation.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams across the business
- Providing mentoring and support to junior team members
You are a qualified engineer with substantial flood modelling experience in a consultancy environment and will come to us with:
- Deep understanding of ARR 2019 guidelines and it’s practical application
- Proficient in TUFLOW and hydrology modelling software such as RORB/RAFTS, and GIS skills
- Knowledge of authority requirements applicable to hydrological and hydraulic modelling approaches
- Experience in dam break assessment for extreme flood hydrology
- Project experience across a diverse range of geographies around Australia
- Previous experience in engineering design such as stormwater management, drainage design, water utilities or water resources
- A passion for knowledge sharing and continuous learning, both for yourself and professionals around you
At Spiire, we believe our culture is our difference. We’re a forward-thinking, people-centric organisation that recognises the importance of working as one team towards a common goal. As a successful and growing employee-owned business, we recognise and reward the contributions of our people and provide real opportunities and pathways for career progression.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s on offer:
- Structured internal training programs, knowledge sharing forums and mentoring opportunities
- Genuine flexibility with the tools to connect and collaborate from home and the office
- Regular social initiatives and events within your home office and the wider business
- Health and wellbeing events promoting physical and mental wellbeing
- A fun and supportive environment for you to grow your career
If this role sounds like you, please follow the link below to apply. For more information on Spiire, check out our website at www.spiire.com.au
- Closing Date:
- 29 Feb 2024
- Work Type:
- Full Time