Environment and WHS Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Brisbane Airport Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environment and WHS Advisor
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane.
About the role
The Environment and WHS Advisor is responsible for assisting in the coordination and delivery of short and long term action items identified in the Airport Environment Strategy (AES) and WHS Strategy, with specific responsibility for the tenant and contractor obligations and dangerous goods management chapters of these documents.
Key deliverables associated with this role include the review of third-party provider Environmental Management Plans (construction and operation) and the delivery of site-based environmental and dangerous goods compliance inspections, reporting and maintaining stakeholder relationships and completing work within approved budgets.
Tasks & Responsibilities
In conjunction with above deliverables, this role will see you;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Airport Environment Strategy, with specific responsibility for the tenant and contractor obligations chapter, and dangerous goods management
- Undertaking site-based environmental compliance and dangerous goods inspections of Brisbane Airport tenant facilities and other third-party operator managed sites as required, including development of inspection schedules, recording inspection outcomes, and reports.
- Reviewing third-party operator Operational Environmental Management Plans (OEMPs), Preliminary Hazard Assessments and external EWHS audit reports as needed (e.g. tenants, sub-tenants and major service providers etc).
- Assisting the BNE Property Managers and the Environment and Sustainability (E&S) Team to ensure that tenant environmental lease clauses are complied with and that all new tenants develop OEMP’s as required.
- Reviewing contractor Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs), undertaking WHSE compliance inspections of contractor activities, and completing project reporting as needed.
- Assisting with the response, investigation and reporting of environmental and safety incidents that occur on Brisbane Airport if required.
- Assist with performance improvement activities; system improvements initiatives
- Develop various environmental compliance guidelines and management plans to assist airport tenants, contractors and other operators understand and comply with expectations.
- Manage all EWHS advisory records, files and data required to ensure accurate and up-to-date E&S and WHS data and information systems.
- Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. Environmental Science)
- Working knowledge and experience in ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 / AS 4801
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an environmental-related role in a relevant industry.
- Current Class “C” driver’s license and ability to acquire an ASIC and if required undergo a security check.
- OHS and environmental lead auditor certification.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
- Dangerous goods and hazardous substances training.
- Sound knowledge or relevant state and federal legislation and Standards applicable to the management of WHS and environmental compliance.
This opportunity will expose you to the diversity and excitement of the Airport environment, and provide you with the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help support BAC's Governance Group within the Environment and Sustainability team.
BAC is a forward thinking organisation, is agile, supportive of innovation and harbours a positive and flexible working environment. Our key values are reflected throughout the organisation, demonstrating Care, Communication, Collaboration and Courage at all times.
If you believe you have the expertise and passion to succeed in this role, please apply now with your CV and a short covering letter outlining your suitability.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal at any time.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Work Health & Safety qualifications have you obtained?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
HSE - HSEQ