Marine Park Officer - Marine Parks Branch, Parks Australia - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of the Environment and Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Marine Park Officer – Marine Parks Branch, Parks Australia
APS Level 5
$71,862 - $78,833 per annum, plus superannuation
Help manage Australian Marine Parks in a diverse role that includes project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in managing marine park projects and contracts
- Fast paced and varied workload
- Support external stakeholder committees
The Organisation and the Team
The Marine Parks Branch within Parks Australia is responsible for 58 Australian Marine Parks covering 2.8 million square kilometers of Australia’s marine environment. The Marine Parks Branch has a number of teams that work collaboratively across regional park management, policy coordination, and authorisations and compliance responsibilities.
You will help to manage Australian Marine Parks and contribute to the conservation and protection of marine biodiversity.
In this role you will assist in managing marine park projects including procurement and contract management, provide secretariat support to external stakeholder committees, prepare advice on activities in parks, contribute to reports and briefs and work collaboratively as part of a small team.
A position is available now in the Marine Parks West team which has responsibility for the networks of marine parks off South-west and North-west Australia. There may be future opportunities to play a role across other areas of the branch.
The Ideal Candidate/Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated administrative and/or secretariat skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team skills and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated experience in park management or equivalent
- To be eligible for any position in the Department you must be an Australian Citizen.
- You must undergo and satisfy a National Police History Check
The Department offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at http://www.environment.gov.au/about-us/employment/enterprise-agreement-2016-2019
How to apply:
- To apply visit the Department’s online recruitment system at: http://www.environment.gov.au/topics/about-us/employment
- Applications should consist of a 1 to 2 page statement of claims taking into consideration the duties and selection criteria to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- An up-to-date resume including the contact details of two referees is required.
- Information for applicants with disabilities: www.environment.gov.au/about/jobs/applicants-with-disabilities.html
To obtain more information about the position please contact Jennifer Hoy on 03 6208 2933 or email@example.com
Applications close: 11.30pm (AEST) on 16 July 2019.
The Department of Environment and Energy values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jul 2019
- TAS - Hobart
- $71,862 - $78,833 per annum, plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 5