Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Dam Safety Risk Specialist to join our Operations team. This unique opportunity to apply your risk assessment skills across a diverse portfolio of dams and establish yourself as a known credible market player in this growing field of engineering.
This is a chance to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Salary range $138,990 - $166,803 + Super
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the management and delivery of the Local Water Utilities (LWU) dam safety services program, undertaking dam safety risk assessments for regional Councils across the state.
- Lead, mentor and grow dam safety risk assessment capability within a newly formed team, embedded in WaterNSW.
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and frameworks that underpin successful delivery of services for the dam safety services program.
- Plan and facilitate risk analysis, evaluation, and risk review workshops for Council’s declared dams to meet their regulatory requirements.
- Prepare risk assessment and risk review reports for Councils, following ANCOLD risk assessment guidelines.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance process, governing the review and approval of all deliverables, to meet the required standards.
- Provide accurate, insightful, and timely reports on the LWU dam safety program schedule, and managing performance within the program’ KPIs.
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders in State and Local Government to prioritise the delivery schedule while managing expectations.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Civil Engineering, or other related engineering discipline as deemed appropriate
- Extensive experience in dams engineering and safety evaluation of existing dams.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing risk assessments.
- Experience integrating risk management practices into day to day activities.
- Experience in dam design, construction, operation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge in the application of ANCOLD guidelines on risk assessment.
- Proven risk management and technical engineering knowledge of policy and regulatory requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Australian and International codes and standards.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to interpret data and information and make sound judgements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate to technical professionals, client groups, regulators and the public, including reports, addressing forums and providing and interpreting technical information.
- Willing to travel and work at various sites within NSW.
- Current NSW driver’s licence
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
Please note applications for this position will close on 15th October 2023
Click for Position Description - If you are unable to access, please visit the job advert on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.