Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Water Data Systems Manager to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with stakeholders to lead the implementation of robust systems lifecycle management supporting functional fit to evolving business needs and data consistency.
- Partner with Digital, Operations and external customers to prioritise and phase BAU outputs such as defect fixes, upgrades, system interfaces as well as product transformations to achieve alignment with user requirements.
- Facilitate the definition of pragmatic transformation pathways for existing workflows and systems, enabling benefit realisation and business ownership.
- Partner with Operations SME’s, Digital and external customers to co-create digital product strategy, roadmaps and business cases, for operational models, tools and systems, including lifting adoption rates and alignment with Ops Portfolio Business Plan and Digital Roadmap.
- Drive the adoption of new solutions and associated tools across the Operations portfolio and keep up to date with the latest features, technologies, and trends.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering or substantial asset management experience and training combined with a related Advanced Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in whole-of-life systems management, within the context of a data visualisation and management system.
- Experience in systems design or explaining systems interactions, data flows, common interface APIs.
- Experience working with data warehouses including technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools and environments, and data structures.
- Proven experience in scoping and planning projects and depth of experience in business case development and product roadmaps.
- Experience developing, maintaining and improving data acquisition, storage, visualisation, interfacing applications, and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
Please note applications for this position will close on 17th September 2023.
Click for Position Description - If you are unable to access, please visit the job advert on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or firstname.lastname@example.org, WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’s Privacy Page to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.