We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer Trade - Electrical to join our team at Warragamba. This role will be responsible for delivering day to day maintenance, service activities and general labouring for water infrastructure assets and river systems. As part of a hardworking and highly skilled team, you will work on one of the States most significate and critical assets.
You will also participate in incident response and on call rosters as requested, including weekend and shift work if or when required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commitment to WaterNSW safety policies and procedures
- Operational maintenance tasks aligned with the preventative maintenance program.
- Dam surveillance and water sampling.
- Ongoing reporting and ensuring documentation are accurate.
- Working with the Maintenance Team Leader to achieve a high standard of work, safely and efficiently
- Willing to travel and work at various sites within Water NSW if or when required
Skills and qualifications required:
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining critical, major asset classes
- The ability to work a part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture
- Cert 3 in water operations is a bonus
- Qualification in the trade discipline i.e. Electrical
- Current NSW driver's licence
What we are offering
- Permanent, Full time position
- Great work life balance arrangements(9 days a fortnight working days)
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Diverse and supportive team environment
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications closes: 28th November 2022