Catchment Officer- Fire
Catchment Officer- Fire
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced person in Fire and Land Management to join our team in the position of Catchment Officer Fire.
Work Location: Warragamba or Nepean
This is an opportunity to work in an essential Government owned Corporation creating a sustainable future for the state in the protection of the Catchment Special Area lands specifically managed for drinking water, supplying Greater Sydney, Southern Highlands, Illawarra and Blue Mountains.
This role offers a flexiblework life balance, where your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9-day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Competitive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Contribute and deliver bush fire planning, mitigation, and operational outcomes for the protection of Catchment Special Areas from unplanned fire and other events.
- Proactively lead the planning and delivery of annual prescribed burning programs within WaterNSW Catchment Special Areas.
- Actively represent and contribute at assigned Bush Fire Management Committee’s and other relevant meetings to achieve organisational and statutory outcomes.
- Participate in incident management, including out of hours rostering, in accordance with the Corporate Incident Management Framework
- Manage project specific budgets and expenditure for multiple programs and activities including the development and implementation of project briefs, internal and external approvals, financial, contractual and project management documents.
- Participate in the implementation of regulations and compliance within the legislation available to WaterNSW for catchment and water quality protection.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant degree qualifications (e.g. Fire / Land Management) or experience deemed equivalent
- Qualifications and experience in Prescribed Burn Planning and Supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of fire land management programs and detailed understanding of relevant legislation and associated government policies.
- Extensive operational bush fire management experience at a leadership level
- Supervisory experience with ability to provide leadership and develop team work to continually improve operational performance.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jun 2023
- NSW - Warragamba
- Work Type:
Bushfire/Natural Disaster Recovery