We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced Manager Environment & Catchment Protection to lead our environmental management, sustainability and catchment protection teams. Your key responsibilities will drive strategy for improving our sustainable performance, to enhance our environmental outcomes and fulfil WaterNSW’s regulatory obligations. Whilst also providing leadership to foster the culture, capability and performance of our people.
You will also lead the development, implementation and monitoring of programs and initiatives to fulfil environmental and catchment protection regulatory obligations and achieve sustainable outcomes for WaterNSW.
We are seeking someone can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of environment and sustainability frameworks including government regulations and emerging trends, this includes the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, State Environmental Planning Policy (Biodiversity and Conservation) 2022, and other relevant statutory instruments and guidelines
- Extensive experience in working within a complex regulatory environment where change is ongoing and with a wide range of regulators across all levels of government, preferably in a State Owned Corporation (SOC) environment
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading an environmental and/or sustainability function in a complex organisation
- Experience in the development and delivery of strategic project outcomes
- Outstanding communication with experience in negotiating, influencing and building lasting relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- The ability to travel across regional NSW
- A relevant Tertiary Qualification in Environment, Sustainability, Engineering, or other relevant discipline, post graduate qualification is preferred
We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description. Queries can be directed to: Craig.Hartley@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 15th August 2022