Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Water Quality Risk and Strategy Manager to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
- Lead the strategy for our water quality management, collaborating across the industry and with key customers and stakeholders to ensure sustainable and resilient water supplies.
- Establish and maintain risk management processes, identifying priority risk and leading the delivery of strategic projects to reduce water quality risk and improve long term performance and compliance.
- Ensure water quality impacts associated with climate variability and change are understood and long-term mitigation strategies developed, in line with our corporate goals.
- Lead the provision of specialist scientific advice to corporate projects and external stakeholders, driving capability and expertise in WQ management and driving research needs.
- Managing consultations and negotiations with diverse stakeholders NSW Health, providing advice for water quality guidelines and regulatory requirements changes and policy development, advocating for WaterNSW, and its customers interests.
- Develop the WQ Risk and Strategy team strategy and develop a corresponding Business Plan to achieve alignment with the strategic direction of Operating Strategy Team, collaborating across the industry and stakeholders to identify priorities and objectives for the program delivery.
- Qualification in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline or experience deemed equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of water quality and water supply risk management, from catchment to customer
- Understanding of catchment heath and integrated water management principles
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines, including associated risk assessment and management processes.
- Understanding of NSW water industry context and pressures
- Ability to monitoring emerging risks and interpret complex data and research outcomes to inform strategic planning and shape future policy.
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical team.
- Experience in developing and delivering water quality risk mitigation strategies for the protection of public and/or environmental health.
- Experienced in liaising, consulting, negotiating, and managing stakeholder and regulator relationships.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare complex technical reports and communicate at all levels.
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
Please note applications for this position will close on 29 September 2023.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
Click for Position Description - If you are unable to access, please visit the job advert on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.