We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 41 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, power generators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential water infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced Dam Engineer to provide specialist dams engineering advice by conducting studies and investigations to inform risk-based decisions; establish technical & engineering principles to ensure dam safety solutions are in accordance with the Dam Safety Management System and meet relevant industry technical standards; and puts safety first.
As part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will work on the States most significate and critical assets.
- Conduct and support investigations and studies to inform the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Dam Safety Investment Strategy.
- Lead the detailed analysis and investigations in response to new and emerging dam safety risks; lead the development and implementation of short-term risk mitigation measures, together with other subject matter experts.
- Establish technical and engineering principles, requirements, guidelines, and methodologies for use in dam safety upgrade projects.
- Provide engineering input to the selection and specification of dam construction materials; support aspects of analysis and design that are specialised to dam and ancillary components and are material to the satisfactory performance of the dam.
- Plan and manage dam safety issues, responses, and emergencies, together with other subject matter experts
To be successful in this role you must have a tertiary qualification in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5+ years of experience in dams engineering along with:
- Experience in dam design, construction, operation and maintenance.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyse and interpret data and information and make sound judgements.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of dam and weir design, construction, operation, safety surveillance and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relevant Australian and International codes and standards.
- Proven risk management and technical engineering knowledge of policy and regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and to technical professionals, client groups, regulators, and the public, including reports, addressing forums and providing and interpreting technical information
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Australian and International codes and standards.
- The ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a positive and high-performing team culture
- Eligibility for membership of Engineers Australia
- Current NSW driver’s licence, willing to travel to the various WaterNSW sites.
What we are offering
- Permanent, full time.
- Hybrid approach, 9-day fortnight
- Diverse and supportive team environment.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information, kindly refer to the attached Position Description. Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 30th September 2022