Ready to make a splash in your career?
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Project Engagement Manager (FULL-TIME) to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Salary Range starts from $144,550 + 11% Superannuation
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement the external community engagement plans on WaterNSW projects, to ensure implementation of timely, fit-for-purpose, and technically sound community engagement through all stages of a project, and drive consistency of message across all external channels.
- Develop and implement supporting project events and engagement opportunities to drive awareness, share information and build relationships regarding WaterNSW projects.
- Build and manage relationships, consultations, communicating and leading conversations with a diverse range of viewpoints.
- Provide advice and facilitate processes, including the development of engagement and consultation strategies, with WaterNSW leaders on project engagement issues as they arise. Prepare key messages, newsletter, speaking notes, presentations, corporate reports, briefing notes and publications as well as coaching and support for delivery.
- Lead a proactive project-based communications strategy, in conjunction with other areas of the Corporate Affairs team, to ensure project customers and stakeholders receive timely, accurate and valuable information. Develop communication materials to support communication and project engagement plans, including intranet and internet content, newsletters, brochures, display materials, presentations, fact sheets and draft media releases in order to support the promotion of community engagement activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of community engagement practices and working knowledge of best practice IAP2.
- Understanding of community engagement in relation to infrastructure projects.
- Strong written communication skills with experience in developing engagement strategies and key message development and alignment.
- Ability to think strategically and to consciously join dots and bring an external (public affairs) lens to issues and opportunities.
- Ability to handle crisis situations calmly and effectively.
- Proven ability to work with Project Managers.
- Experience growing, maintaining and nurturing external stakeholder relationships, including working face to face.
- Proven ability to work in Regional Communities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
At WaterNSW, we embrace the opportunity to integrate work into our life by having full ownership of our work week. We value getting the job done rather than looking at your work hours.
More about our team/ culture:
We communicate openly and honestly while maintaining respect for each other. This means we get things done. We understand that everyone is different, and this is what we value as part of our inclusive culture.
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
Please note applications for this position will close on 09 December 2023
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.