Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced "Project Officer" to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9 day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Competitive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
This role will support a team of Project Manager’s that are ultimately accountable for the successful delivery of projects. This requires you to cover a broad range of project management and engineering activities for the planning and delivery of a portfolio of asset projects to meet need, time, cost and quality objectives using WaterNSW project delivery frameworks and tools whilst putting safety first. You will also assist in preparation of key project artefacts and project performance through monitoring all aspects of project delivery and proactively managing situations. Support timely reporting on project parameters and the coordination of contracts for consulting, construction and any other externally provided services required to enable the delivery of projects.
This is graduate position and will develop understanding in project engineering, project challenges and identification and implementation of solutions and technical disciplines.
What we are looking for:
- Graduated recently in Engineering degree from a recognized tertiary institution (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical)
- Written and oral communication skills with capacity to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary professionals and project team members, and to provide reports
- Competent with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated interest or understanding of principles and practices of project management, construction and engineering (preferably in asset-based projects, noting that WaterNSW core asset base is dams, water regulating structures, bridges roads, canals, embankments, buildings and cranes)
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment.
Who is WaterNSW? When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply now.
For more information, please reach out to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
- Closing Date:
- 27 Mar 2023
- Work Type: