We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Procurement Sourcing Specialist to join our Procurement Team. This role will manage all aspects of the sourcing to contract process and provide sourcing and contract management advice and procurement services across each stage of the procurement life-cycle.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with internal stakeholders and providing expert advice in the development and review of our scope of requirements in partnership with business stakeholders
- Working closely with the Category Managers and supporting the wider team in delivering procurement excellence
- Drive accountability and performance as per role expectations.
- Manage the source to contract process
- Manage and support the contract negotiation process
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (e.g. Procurement/Business/ICT) or experience deemed equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in leading end-to-end Strategic Sourcing and/or Category Management, preferably in construction, engineering services, MRO and property categories
- Sound knowledge of Procurement processes, policies, systems and frameworks.
- Experience with ERP systems, including Source-to-Contract and Procure-To-Pay.
- Sound analytical ability, problem solving, stakeholder relationship management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience within both public and private sector, specifically utilities will be considered favourably
- Procurement experience in ICT, Professional Services and Corporate Services is highly desirable
- Professional Procurement qualification will come highly regarded (EG MCIPS)
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Permanent role with attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working arrangements (including option for 9 working days/fortnight)
- Excellent workplace with exposure to a variety of key projects and categories
- A diverse and collaborative team recognised for service delivery excellence
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 9 October 2022