Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Safety Systems, Risk & Compliance Manager to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Safety Management Systems: oversee the development and implementation of our Safety Management Systems policy and procedure to ensure WaterNSW complies with its workplace health and safety, maritime and aviation obligations.
- Risk Management: proactively manage safety risk through processes, procedures and stakeholder management whilst building organisational capability.
- Technology: work in partnership with relevant stakeholders to ensure safety digital solutions are fit for purpose, optimised, and delivering value.
- Audit: oversee the compliance/audit activities within corporate safety, in accordance with our safety management systems policy and procedure.
- Safety Data: to have systems and processes in place to ensure safety data is properly collected, stored, validated, and protected.
- Investigation: provide quality assurance/guidance to the Safety & Compliance Adviser to ensure investigations are conducted impartially and promote effective actions that mitigate risks.
- Project Management: Work with our project team to develop, plan and deliver strategic safety and risk initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Lead Auditor ISO45001:2018 or equivalent
- Leave Incident Investigator or equivalent
- Knowledge and awareness of WHS legislation and processes
- Deep understanding of safety management systems, risk and assurance
- Experience in workplace safety management system development and review
- Experience in WHS audit
- Experience in risk management
- Extensive experience in providing expert technical and specialised safety and risk advice.
- Proven experience in effectively educating leaders to build knowledge and capability.
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates