Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Catchment Assessments Officer (based in Parramatta or Southern Highlands) to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
- Ensure the assessment of development applications requiring the concurrence of the regulatory authority are technically robust and timely.
- Ensure WaterNSW concurrence conditions are implemented as required. Ensure concurrence conditions requiring a role for WaterNSW are appropriately implemented.
- Provide expert advice on proposals external to WaterNSW including State significant developments and infrastructure proposed within the declared catchment area. Influence decisions made by planning and consent authorities under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 to help minimise risk to water quality, water quantity, water supply infrastructure and catchment health.
- Provide specialist water quality input to the development of assessment tools, guidelines, current recommended practices and standards to assist in the efficient assessment of proposals.
- Support in the administration, update and training for development assessment tools.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Planning, Engineering, Science, Management, Law or other relevant discipline.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in water quality impact assessment and management, and the related requirements under Part 4 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
- Knowledge of the issues and management responses in the areas of wastewater, stormwater, groundwater and surface water for activities within drinking water catchment.
- Ability to maintain high levels of customer service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to ensure advice is provided within statutory timeframes.
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
Please note applications for this position will close on 29 September 2023
Click for Position Description - If you are unable to access, please visit the job advert on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.