We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking a Surface Water Hydrologist to undertake the development, maintenance, and application of a strategic suite of water quality and quantity models for the Greater Sydney supply system. This 24-months Term position will require you to assist in the delivery of accessible water quality modelling solutions and advice for our customers to protect our catchment health, provide clean water and protect ecosystems using the best available science and engineering for the whole of NSW. The water quality modelling team is a virtual, agile team looking for innovative, driven individuals, ready to take up a new challenge and deliver excellence in water quality modelling. The surface water hydrologist will develop skills in 3D Lake modelling, hydrologic/hydraulic data analysis, scripting, modelling and reporting.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil (or Environmental) Engineering (or Natural Resources / Environmental Science, with a tertiary qualification in hydrology or relevant experience).
- Demonstrated experience in hydrologic/hydraulic data analysis, modelling and reporting.
- Evidence of understanding of water quality and quantity issues confronting Government and WaterNSW.
Favorable skills sets:
- Post-graduation experience in coding using Python, R or equivalent.
- Incident management experience
- Knowledge in 3D Hydrodynamics and water quality modelling experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of SCADA, HYDSTRA and water monitoring data.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of large data sets for modelling, such as SCADA, HYDSTRA and real-time online data for both quality and quantity.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of technology (SCADA or modelling systems) for water data or in the development and application of models for catchment, streams and water supply systems.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence.
What we are offering
- 24-month term role
- Flexible work arrangement, 9 day fortnight
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great workplace with good job variety
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications closes- 6/12/2022