WaterNSW is Australia’s largest water supplier and a leader in developing infrastructure solutions for water supply security and reliability.
Our expert staff manage 42 large dams and all operational activities related to rural customer interactions including the management of groundwater, regulated and unregulated water across NSW. We deliver water from our dams, pipelines and the State’s rivers for agriculture and drinking water supply customers.
Two thirds of water used in NSW is supplied by WaterNSW. We also protect the health of drinking water catchments that supply among the highest quality water in the world.
Currently, WaterNSW is looking for an energetic Senior Hydrometric Officer to be based at either Gunnedah or Narrabri for a term period until 30 March 2018.
About the position…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team. You will design, install, operate and maintain hydrometric infrastructure, instruments and data bases for the collection, management and transmission of data on surface water, groundwater and bulk water supply. The role also involves scheduling work and participate in teams to implement work programs. Day to day you will be liaising with internal clients and partners in the design of hydrometric networks and sites and contributing to the administration of contracts including environmental procedures and requirements.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Appropriate certificate, diploma or other tertiary qualifications in Hydrography or equivalent relevant expertise.
- Working knowledge of field data collection, transmission, analysis, interpretation and information dissemination techniques with regard to water quantity, quality and other environmental data.
- Demonstrated ability in the selection, design, installation, operation and maintenance of hydrometric instruments and equipment and an understanding of network design.
- Proven skills in using computers for hydrometric data management.
- Working knowledge of and ability to develop and implement quality assurance programs and procedures including the development and implementation of training.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, work in and contribute to project teams and to work independently in remote field locations.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Remuneration & benefits
Attractive conditions apply for the successful candidate. For further information on the position please contact Ted Cutler on 0428 264 661 or view the position description.
To apply please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.
Closing date: Sunday, 20 August 2017