Applications Development Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Cxciting opportunity until January 2024, to contribute to Icon Water’s digital strategy
- Free onsite parking, located in Mitchell, ACT.
We are looking for a collaborative, team-building individual with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to take on the Applications Development Lead role. We are after someone with the right technical skills and a continued desire to learn to take on the responsibility of leading the Applications Development team towards executions of prioritised application enhancements. This role requires strong internal stakeholder engagement and technical expertise in order to translate business ideas and requirements into functional operations.
As the Applications Development Lead, you will:
- Deliver minor enhancements in the applications area by leading the Development Team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications
- Regularly liaise with the Applications Manager and Applications Support Lead to ensure that support enhancements and support requests are effectively managed
- Assist the Applications Support team in resolving critical incidents as they arise
- Use your strong communication skills to translate business ideas into technical requirements that the Development Team will understand and be able to implement
- Mentor your team to achieve the best results, whilst advising of feedback and suggestions for process/product improvements to the business
- Develop and maintain functional specification documents and training materials in line with operational changes that can be understood by a wide-ranging audience
- Ability to conduct workshops independently to gather the business requirements and develop specifications
- Ability to switch priorities in a short notice to address varying business needs
To be successful for this role, you will need:
- A tertiary degree in Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Certifications or technical skills in ITIL, Cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Demonstrated technical experience in information technology project delivery with a customer service focus
- Experience in Oracle SOA and Integration development, alongside a working knowledge in Oracle SOA and Integration Development (Preferred)
- Experience in Python scripting or ESRI product (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of SQL language or the ability to learn SQL language
- Demonstrated experience in working with agile project delivery teams and Devops practices
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills to lead a team towards achieving service management goals and objectives and effectively communicate with various stakeholders
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
If you are interested in these responsibilities and feel as though you have the necessary experience and skills, then we would love to hear from you.
How can I apply?
You can apply for this role by submitting your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your experience and competencies. We encourage candidates to refer to the ‘you will need’ section of the advertisement when applying.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Lakshmi Adabala, Acting Digital Manager Operations on 0435 290 667. If you would like additional assistance with the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close on Sunday 19 September 2021.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Sep 2021
- ACT - Mitchell
- Work Type: