Sewage Quality Technical Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Sewage Quality Technical Officer
- 12 months Maximum-Term, Full-Time opportunity
- $91,647 – $105,679 plus 15% superannuation
- Help shape a business dedicated to the Canberra community
Icon Water’s Infrastructure Planning and Logistics team is looking for a procedural and analytical minded individual with a passion for problem solving to take on a great and unique opportunity as our Sewage Quality Technical Officer.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and rectifying sewage quality compliance issues.
A day in the life...
- Contribute to the management of the sewage quality monitoring program for the delivery of safe, efficient and reliable sewerage services. This may entail collection of network gas and liquid samples; data analysis; and reporting to meet legislative compliance with Utilities Act and Codes, Environmental Authorisations.
- Undertake planning and field activities to monitor sewerage system performance, including collection of gas and liquid samples, conduct investigations and recommend corrective actions into system non-conformity
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of Quality Management Systems, in particular procedures for the monitoring or investigation of the sewerage system assets
- Assist in the preparation of specialist technical advice on quality and compliance issues
- To learn more about the key responsibilities, please refer to the position description attached to this job advert.
What are we looking for?
- Technical qualifications such as degree/diploma in a relevant Science or Engineering field or a certificate 3 Water Industry Operator
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian Wastewater Quality Management Guidelines and Liquid Trade Waste Regulation Guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development, implementation, assurance and evaluation of monitoring programs.
- Knowledge of management of sewage quality risks.
- Knowledge and commitment to relevant Workplace Health and safety legislation, regulations, obligations and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in sewerage system performance monitoring especially sewage quality field monitoring work.
- Confined Space certification
- Working at heights
- Experience working with hazardous gas monitoring
If this is something you are interested and keen to undertake, please log onto our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum 2-page cover letter addressing why you are the most suitable candidate for the role.
If you want to explore more or have any questions about the role, please contact Lara Odell on 0406 379 995.
Closing date: 11:59 PM, 23 March 2023
- Closing Date:
- 23 Mar 2023
- ACT - Holt
- $91,647-$105,679 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Contaminated Land/Land Remediation
Water Resources Planning
Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)