Sustainability and Resource Recovery Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Coordinator
- Ongoing, Full-time opportunity
- $105,680 - $128,849 plus 15% superannuation
- Help shape a business dedicated to the Canberra community
About the role
Icon Water's Environmental and Sustainability team are looking for a highly analytical, strategic and collaborative individual to join our talented and diverse team as our Sustainability and Resource Recovery Coordinator. We are an inclusive team that loves to work hard and has fun doing it!
In this role, using your expertise you will review, develop, guide and implement Icon Water’s Circular Economy Plan and deliver projects that will improve the organisational sustainability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
A day in the life...
- Build and manage consultancies, research projects, industry partnerships and peer utility relationships to achieve resource recovery and improved sustainability practices.
- Deliver Icon Water’s Circular Economy Plan and Sustainability Action Plan including rethinking existing processes, preparing guidance, tools and advice.
- Undertake data analytics, identify opportunities and innovations, and prepare technical reports to improve organisational Environment Social Governance performance and achieve regulatory compliance.
To learn more about the key responsibilities, please refer to the position description attached to this job advertisement.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in science, engineering or a relevant discipline is mandatory and demonstrated experience in environmental management or sustainability fields is desirable
- Specific knowledge of waste management and resource efficiency within a water utility or comparable organisation
- Experience working with stakeholders to develop waste management programs and achieve sustainable practices
- Experience in managing complex data
- Experience in planning and managing projects, contracts and resources.
Does this sound like you? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close 29 January 2023. To learn more about this exciting opportunity we urge you to contact Sally Wright, Team Leader Sustainability and Performance on 0416 236 839.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jan 2023
- ACT - Mitchell
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science
Natural Resource Management