Water Distribution Engineer and Water Technical Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Distribution Engineer & Water Technical Officer
Water Distribution Engineer : 12 month Maximum-Term Full-Time position and
Water Distribution Technical Officer : Ongoing, Full-Time position
Remuneration - $98,617 plus 15% superannuation
Do you have an analytical mind and an eye for detail? Are you an adaptable individual who enjoys working collaboratively? Do you value supportive leadership, strong team spirit, openness and integrity in your employer? Then Icon Water may have what you are looking for.
Who is Icon Water?
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset. We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits.
Icon Water's Network Operations team are looking to fill two positions that have the primary responsibility for the operation, monitoring and control of the bulk water and distribution network for the ACT region.
What would my day look like?
- Operation, monitoring and control of water sourcing, transfer and distribution of the water network in the ACT Region
- Provide expert operational response & support to incidents and emergencies that impact the water network
- Manage the storage of water in Canberra’s four drinking water supply dams
- Coordinate access to the water supply system and participate in the Network Operations Control Centre coordination and management of works across the water and sewerage networks
- Participate in the two person on-call & duty rotating roster for after-hours operation, providing support to field crews and water treatment operators
Why choose us?
Let us tell you a bit about the networks operations team and what we value.
We are a team with a “no-fuss” approach! Providing a service to the community and to the business is what we do, so strong business relationships is paramount to our team success. We value our own development and make the time to focus on keeping our skills and knowledge up to date. Most importantly, we value a sense of humour and promote a sense of fun and strong team spirit in our workplace.
What we are looking for?
- Engineer role requires a qualified engineer or scientist with a high level of skill and experience in process or allied engineering and scientific fields, whereas the
- Technical Officer role requires you to possess a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in the operation of a bulk water and distribution networks or similar, including an ability to operate computer-based SCADA systems
- Extensive experience in the undertaking of technical studies and practical process operations
- Excellent technical communication skills to a broad range of audiences and including incident management situations
- An understanding of Environmental, WHS and Quality regulatory frameworks and how these requirements influence the operation of a water network.
How can I apply? Please log on to our recruitment portal and:
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Upload a copy of your cover letter with responses against the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the operation of a water network
- Demonstrated excellent technical communication skills to a broad range of audiences and including incident management situations.
- Experience in coordinating and negotiating works, including close liaison with other personnel and disciplines.
- Experience utilising SCADA and Microsoft Office programs in the delivery of operations and reporting.
- Interest in participating in two person rotating on-call/duty rotating roster.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Kimberly Lawson on (02) 6180 6335. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 14 Jun 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- $98,617 - $120,239
- Work Type:
- Full Time