Coordinator Water Treatment - [Archived Advertisement]
East Gippsland Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
Band 4 ($83,284 - $104,617)* plus 9.5% superannuation
An exciting new opportunity is available for a professional and motivated individual to join our Capital & Service Delivery Team. This is a full-time ongoing role that will be based at the Bairnsdale Head Office.
The East Gippsland region is an idyllic lifestyle location that is close to national parks, lakes, rivers and coastal regions. From the beach to the snow and everything in between, the region includes the iconic Gippsland Lakes, Alpine High Country, Snowy River and Coastal Wilderness areas. If you would like to enjoy a range of activities from bush walking to boating from surfing to skiing, there is something for you!
The Coordinator Water Treatment will be responsible for managing a small team responsible for day to day activities at a number of water treatment and disinfection plants servicing East Gippsland, to ensure that regulatory and business requirements are met. The Coordinator must also take a lead role in recommending improvements to the water quality management system to ensure that treatment processes operate efficiently.
This role places particular emphasis on improving EGW’s safety culture to maximise productivity in a team environment, maintain high service standards, encourage innovation and seek effective solutions to customer and operational issues.
If you have experience in water treatment operations and maintenance, proven ability to optimise performance and processes, and would like the opportunity to work both within a dynamic team and cohesively across the business, we'd like to hear from you.
All applicants need to obtain a position description by clicking here or call Human Resources on (03) 5150 4444. Submissions must include a resume and covering letter that demonstrates how you meet the selection criteria.
1. Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of water treatment systems, including relevant qualifications combined with at least 5 to 7 years’ experience.
2. High level knowledge and understanding of drinking water quality regulations/standards.
3. Ability to collate information and prepare reports to a high standard for internal and external users.
4. Highly effective time management skills combined with the ability to prioritise to ensure excellent quality outcomes during times of peak activity.
5. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated team leadership.Ability to manage performance of team members and contractors.
6. Demonstrated ability to drive and implement positive safety culture among a small team and wider organisation.
7. A positive attitude towards personal development including being accountable, innovative, authentic and united to achieve corporate objectives.
Only applicants who address the selection criteria will be considered.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workplace, East Gippsland Water strongly encourages applications from experienced women and men, people with disabilities, LGBTI, ATSI, culturally and ethnically diverse candidates to best represent and engage with communities in which we live and work
- Closing Date:
- 14 Oct 2019
- VIC - Bairnsdale
- ($83,284 - $104,617* plus 9.5% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time