Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Safety & Environmental Advisor to work on our Sunbury Line Upgrade Project. This is part of a large scale project that will interface and work with State projects as part of Victoria’s Big Build, which in turn will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services
In this role, you will support the SERQ Project Manager in the delivery of project tasks and milestones and assist delivery of the SLU Project & assist the Franchisee portfolio Projects. This support will include managing Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, Rail Safety, & RISK systems. You will be working on the SLU (Sunbury Line Upgrade) which is worth $120 Million, the project will deliver station upgrades and necessary electrical upgrades as well you will also be part of a cohesive and dynamic environment where no two days will be the same.
About your Responsibilities
- Supporting the SERQ team to implement the required SERQ processes in a “self-perform/PC” model.
- Support & maintain the management of Quality systems.
- Support & maintain the management of Environmental systems.
- Conduct Project site inspections and audits against safety, rail and environment legislation and MTM system requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external parties to support to project delivery teams and contractors concerning Quality, Environmental, Rail Safety & Occupational Health and Safety.
- Support the on-boarding of all team members including Delivery Contractors.
- Support the implementation of Projects & Planning safety and environmental policy and procedures within the Franchisee portfolio; and accordingly challenge and create efficiencies within the implementation of these processes.
- Support the review of SERQ documentation and implementation of required controls on site.
- Develop and facilitate SER training and education (formal & informal).
- Attend and support risk and hazard identification workshops for projects and project related works
- Implementation of the SCSP & Franchisee SERQ Management Plan(s); and monitoring projects’ compliance
- Consult and manage consultants (onsite) to meet requirements/controls of the MTM & SCSP Safety and Environmental system/s
- Support SERQ reporting.
- Qualifications in OH&S/WHS or Quality & Environmental or demonstrable relevant professional/Industry experience.
- Ability to conduct monitoring activities and ensure compliance with guidelines and legislation.
- A good working knowledge of development & management of SERQ systems will be highly regarded.
- Experience within a rail construction environment will be highly regarded.
- Experience with OFSC accredited SMS will be highly regarded.
Please submit your application by COB 6 November 2020