About the position
The Emergency Operations Manager (EOM) is responsible for coordinating ANSTO’s emergency response capabilities to effectively deal with emergency scenarios and the associated hazards. You will have overall responsibility for the emergency management program including providing advice, coordination and support to meet agreed local, National and International obligations regarding emergency management. The position works closely with the Radiation Emergency Manager.
Reporting to the Manager, Work Health & Safety you will have experience in a broad range of emergency response scenarios eg: bush fire, power outages, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear (CBRN)
Duties and responsibilities
• Developing and maintaining emergency plans, strategy, procedures and tactical readiness.
• Ensure ANSTO satisfies its obligations for response to all emergencies occurring as a consequence of its operations.
• Manage the ANSTO Emergency Response Team (ERT) in consultation with the relevant organisational stakeholders.
• Ensure ANSTO’s ERT and other specialised response teams are suitably trained to carry out their roles, through the development of training drills and refresher exercises to maintain and build on knowledge and experience.
• Support ANSTO business units in maintaining and testing their local emergency response arrangements including assisting and coordinating emergency exercises and supporting improvement initiatives.
Skills and Experience
• Degree or relevant experience in WHS, Radiation Protection, Emergency Management or a related discipline. Accreditation through an appropriate professional body.
• Extensive experience in managing and coordinating all hazards emergency preparedness and response.
• Training and experience in emergency response utilising eg. dynamic risk assessment, compressed air breathing apparatus (CABA), working at heights, vertical rescue, firefighting, chemical and radiological assessment, confined space entry and low voltage rescue techniques.
• Experience developing and delivering relevant emergency training.
“The successful candidate will be experienced in co-ordinating an all hazards response for a broad range of emergency scenario’s. They will have a demonstrated ability to build a team, communicate effectively, engage stakeholders and to develop and maintain an emergency capability that meets the requirements of the business.”
Ralph Blake, WHS Manager
TO APPLY and view the Position Information Package please visit www.ansto.gov.au and follow the links to the Current Vacancies page.
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Information Package or contact Ralph Blake on 0447 616 534. For all other queries please contact the HR Shared Services Team on +61 (02) 9717 3111.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and pre-employment medical assessment.
All applicants must be Australian citizens.
Applications must be submitted on-line via our website.
In order to solve great challenges, we need great minds and great teams. At ANSTO, we understand that diverse teams produce better outcomes – and we value the merit that a diverse perspective can bring to our team. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, primary carers, those with a disability, and women in STEM. ANSTO is a charter member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative and is proudly taking action to create a gender-inclusive workforce.
Applications close: 27 January 2020