Advertiser: La Trobe University
Location: Albury-Wodonga, Victoria
Salary etc: Fixed-term, Full-time. 17% super.
Ref: 565313, 565314, 565315
3 Positions: Senior Research Fellow, Research Officer and Technical Officer
- Full time, Fixed Term roles.
- Located at Albury-Wodonga, Victoria.
The Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems is located within the School of Agriculture, Biomedicine and Environment (SABE) at La Trobe University's Albury-Wodonga campus, and combines expertise in hydrology, ecology and the social sciences to undertake both basic and applied research relevant to the management of aquatic ecosystems.
About the positions
- Senior Research Fellow:
- The successful applicant will have outstanding quantitative and analytical skills and a strong track record of conducting applied research to understand the dynamics of freshwater ecosystems in space and time, either from a structural or functional (process) perspective, demonstrated capacity for system-scale thinking, contributing to problem-solving approaches, and experience working collaboratively as part of a broader team will all be essential.
- We are seeking a highly capable environmental or ecological modeller to contribute to several new projects, including two funded under the ARC Linkage Scheme and NESP Resilient Landscapes Hub. The successful applicant will join a dynamic and high performing team within the Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems (CFE) working on modelling the impacts of hydro-climatic variability and change on the distribution and population dynamics of freshwater biota.
- As a Level A/B research-only academic, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake research either independently or as part of a team involving the utilisation, manipulation and production of large ecological datasets, including ecological survey data and spatial information (GIS) layers. The use of the R statistical environment for data wrangling, analysis and visualization will be an essential skill in this position.
- The Technical Officer will provide technical support for laboratory and field-based research projects to ensure delivery of contracted project outcomes along with maintenance of the capability and effective operation of research activities within the department of Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems (CFE).
How to apply:
Please follow the links below for more information on each position and to apply online:
Closing date Sunday 15 January 2023, 11.55pm.