Business Development Manager, National Collections and Marine Infrastructure - [Archived Advertisement]
Business Development Manager, National Collections and Marine Infrastructure
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Create Impact at Australia’s National Science & Research Organisation!
- Drive Business Development & Commercialization for a diverse range of business groups
- Contribute positively to initiatives that matter globally
Establish and maintain partnerships that will grow the Australian Marine and Biodiversity Sectors as the Business Development Manager (BD Manager), for the National Collections and Marine Infrastructure (NCMI) sector at CSIRO!
Drive growth for crucial programs within the NCMI business unit which include, The Atlas of Living Australia, Environomics Technology Future Science Platform, Engineering and technology and Marine National Facility.
Develop and implement business strategies, plans and models to drive business success, leading to global significance and impact.
Your duties will include:
- Providing Business Development and Commercialisation leadership and advice to CSIRO’s NCMI business unit.
- Developing and implementing business strategies, plans and models for CSIRO’s NCMI business unit.
- Providing insights into the marine and biodiversity sectors’ needs and opportunities aligned to CSIRO capability, utilising market research, an understanding of domain science and technology, and insights gained through active professional networks.
- Developing strategically aligned projects and partnerships that support the delivery of science-ready platforms that are used by researchers, industry partners and the public around the world to understand and manage biodiversity and the marine environment.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to represent CSIRO’s interests in the biodiversity, biosecurity and conservation domains through presentations and engagements that enhance CSIRO’s reputation and deliver strategically aligned outcomes.
- Proactively engaging in and promoting innovation programs and identify and advocate for protection of strategically aligned Intellectual Property.
Location: Sydney or Canberra preferred. Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart, Melbourne or Perth considered.
Salary: AU$121,455 to A$142,321 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 31 January 2026
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant area such as science, engineering or business.
- Knowledge of and networks within the marine and biodiversity sectors.
- Demonstrated experience providing BD&G leadership, developing strategy and beneficial growth and change for organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in originating, negotiating and contracting business opportunities in a science and/or innovation context.
- Experience in representing organisations in public presentations and the initiative to seek out opportunities to present, engage and influence audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing high quality presentations, proposals and tenders and delivering them in a timely manner.
- Proven experience as a strong team player with demonstrated experience working in and/or leading teams, being inclusive and building and leveraging networks to deliver valuable outputs and outcomes in a timely manner.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. The successful candidate may be asked to obtain and provide evidence of a National Police Check or equivalent. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake psychometric testing.
The successful candidate will be required to travel nationally and potentially internationally in this role.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 22 Feb 2023
- AU$121,455 to A$142,321 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: