Senior Manager, Strategy Consulting (Agriculture and Food) - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Manager, Strategy Consulting (Agriculture and Food)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Are you an experienced strategy consultant with expertise across the Agriculture and Food sector?
- Want to influence forward thinking industry and government decision makers?
- Join CSIRO Futures and help solve Australia’s greatest challenges!
CSIRO Futures is the strategic and economic advisory arm of CSIRO – Australia’s national science agency.
Why join CSIRO Futures?
- Work on globally impactful challenges – We work with forward thinking industry and government customers to tackle the world’s most important challenges, including sustainable food production, energy transition, and resilient healthcare systems.
- Unparalleled access to scientific expertise – CSIRO sits at the cutting edge of science and technology. CSIRO Futures has direct access to over 5,000 world leading researchers and technologists to ensure our insights are deeper and more evidence-based than other consultancies.
- Innovate for Australia’s future – We draw on our extensive consulting and economic analysis capabilities to identify growth opportunities in existing and emerging industries, and develop strategies for how Australia can pursue them.
- Professional development – Beyond CSIRO’s commitment to dedicated learning and development days, the complex and multi-stakeholder nature of CSIRO Futures projects provide significant senior leadership and management experience compared to other consultancies.
Australia’s agriculture and food sectors are rapidly evolving, driven by changing consumer needs and pressure on our resources to feed more people. New science and technology to help these industries thrive are continuously in development, and the pace of change is accelerating. CSIRO Futures brings together expert knowledge in science, technology, strategy and economics to help organisations and governments explore emerging opportunities across agriculture and food, enabling business growth and competitiveness and industry development.
As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of national-scale industry roadmaps and strategic advisory projects that involve the analysis of emerging tech-based opportunities that have the potential to transform existing or create new industries in food and agriculture.
Your duties will include:
- Lead the successful delivery of complex, multi-stakeholder advisory projects in the agriculture and food portfolio to inform investment decisions, both at national scale and on behalf of corporate clients.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs, tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements. Be responsible for client engagement, and correcting problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
- Communicate succinctly and professionally to senior decision makers and peers within and outside of CSIRO, providing detailed and accurate information/reports based on robust and transparent business, scientific and technical evidence.
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with senior leaders and decision makers to identify new business opportunities and convert these into delivery projects.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant CSIRO leaders and senior researchers to coordinate activities and develop a deeper understanding of CSIRO’s key science and technology domains.
- Lead scoping and proposal development for new project opportunities.
- Perform line management responsibilities for 2-5 team members, ensuring their development to achieve CSIRO Futures goals. Informally coach/mentor other team members where appropriate.
- Support the broader Futures’ team growth and operations by contributing to practice management activities.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment procedures and policy, Diversity initiatives and Making Safety Personal goals.
Location: Melbourne or Sydney
Salary: $121,455 - $142,321, + 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Undergraduate qualifications in science, engineering, business, finance or economics or a related field that includes a significant analytical component.
- Experience providing strategic advice to the agriculture and food industry or working within the industry in a technology or strategy related role.
- Experience in autonomously leading small teams on strategic or technical consulting projects focused on the agriculture and food sector and include the gathering, evaluation, analysis and synthesis of a broad range of information to develop robust insights and input into strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with senior decision makers to identify new opportunities and successfully convert them into high-impact projects.
- Experience managing junior staff in a consultancy/advisory setting, including performance management, mentoring, and professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and presentation skills, including experience in proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability, modifying project methodology in real time and being able to justify the change.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an:
1) Australian/New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or 2) Australian Temporary Resident, with an existing valid visa and unrestricted work rights for the duration of the 3 year term, and no requirement for visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
18 December 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 18 Dec 2022
- $121,455 - $142,321, + 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting, Strategy & Planning