Research Officer - Agricultural Modelling & Data Management - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Officer - Agricultural Modelling & Data Management
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Permanent Research support role in Agricultural modelling & data management
- Make an impact in the future of sustainable agriculture
- Work with CSIRO to deliver world-class research for industry, government, and the community
Interested in applying your project and data management skills in this ground-breaking research group?
CSIRO Integrated Agricultural Systems is a world leading research group examining options to improve the productivity and sustainability of agriculture in Australia and across the globe. Our research aims to create opportunities for agriculture internationally that helps deliver on the global sustainable development goals and positions Australian agriculture and agricultural research to prosper in a rapidly changing world.
Located in Toowoomba the role of Research Officer - Agricultural modelling & data management requires a self-motivated individual to support several of their research activities.
A critical function of the role will be to compile, manage and analyse a diverse range of data from agricultural experiments and field monitoring activities and undertake complex calculations of economic, sustainability and efficiency metrics.
You will be applying simulation models and preparing simulation outputs. The outcomes of your analysis will not only benefit farmers but other researchers through relevant publications.
Your duties will include:
- Designing, collating, checking, and analysing data from field-based and simulation experiments
- Configuring and testing agricultural simulation models that meet the specification and needs of the research team, clients, and other collaborators.
- Contributing to research and/or technology through the development of original and adapted research methods or software.
- Participating in planning projects and accepting responsibility for scheduling and completion of major parts of the project, particularly data collection and analysis.
- Communicating research results and collaborating on drafting presentations, and detailed written reports for clients and the scientific community.
- Seeking new approaches to meet experimental or technological needs when encountering new problems where methods are not defined
Location: Forest Hill/Toowoomba, QLD
Salary: AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Science, Computing, Data, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Good written and oral communication skills including experience preparing reports or publications for clients or scientific audiences.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to effectively manage a number of competing priorities simultaneously and carry out non-routine tasks under general direction.
- Proven ability to investigate routine problems by identifying and considering the implications of a range of available alternative solutions.
- Experience with managing large and complex datasets using database and/or statistical packages. Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous activities
- Understanding of agricultural production systems
- Experience with using agricultural models or similar simulation models
- Interest or experience with application of information& communication technologies in agriculture (sensors, GIS, computer applications)
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible you must be an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 5th October 2022, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Oct 2022
- QLD - Toowoomba
- AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Ecological Modelling/Quantitative Ecology