VS CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Digital Innovation for Sustainability - [Archived Advertisement]
VS CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Digital Innovation for Sustainability
Acknowledgment of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Do you have a PhD in cybernetics, human geography, digital user experience, anthropology, and/or innovation studies?
- Want to be a part of the Valuing Sustainability Future Science Platform?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
The Valuing Sustainability Future Science Platform (VS FSP) is a substantial new 5-year investment in cutting edge research by CSIRO that will recruit several post-docs who will be embedded diverse inter-disciplinary research teams. The VS FSP aims to co-produce future pathways, measures, and indicators to underpin sustainable innovation and prosperity for current and future industries and communities.
This project examines how information, knowledge, collaboration, digital technology, and the boundary work that unites these works currently and can be better enabled for a wider range of benefits. The project will consider how historic, current, and alternative institutional arrangements, that flow through digital infrastructures, do and could impact the future trajectory of information for collaborative knowledge systems.
The successful candidate will take a social scientific approach to innovation studies to consider the social and economic institutions which determine how sustainability knowledge is generated and shared currently. This information can then feed into how digital platforms (and the data that fuel them) might be improved via considerations of social context as part of digital architecture.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognising and utilising opportunities for innovation and the further development of approaches linking social values, environmental sustainability, and digital innovation.
- Working with project stakeholders and collaborators to co-develop and design research questions, implement research activities and evaluate outcomes.
- Translating outcomes of research activities to partners and end-users, for instance through participation in meetings, workshops, field visits and presentations.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the Valuing Sustainability Future Science Platform and across CSIRO, as identified and appropriate.
Location: Brisbane, QLD (Canberra or Hobart considered)
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as cybernetics, human geography, human factors, anthropology, innovation studies, social science or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in participatory research methods, knowledge co-production, values framing and elicitation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking interdisciplinary research linking social and biophysical systems, ideally with experience linking qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Background knowledge in science and technology studies, digital user experience, anthropology, and/or innovation studies as well as an interest in how digital platforms can enable more sustainable (social, environmental, and economic) accounting.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia (visa sponsorship may be provided to eligible onshore candidates).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
20 February 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 20 Feb 2022
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: