- Key HSE Business Partner leadership role
- Develop & lead strategic HSE programs to enhance well-being & safety
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
We are seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) leader to join CSIRO. As a HSE Business Partner, you will collaborate with all levels of the organisation through coaching and influencing to make safety personal. You will provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
Your duties will include
- Driving the development and implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy to deliver a step change improvement in the organisations HSE performance through an innovative, consistent HSE approach while embracing CSIRO’s unique needs.
- Developing, leading and implementing HSE strategic projects to enable outcomes and facilitate change across the organisation.
- Building and maintaining strong and partnering relationships with Business Unit Executive teams, customers and stakeholders through developing a deep understanding of their respective needs to enable the development and delivery of HSE priorities and initiatives, with a focus on consistent practices embedded across the organisation.
- Coaching, mentoring and facilitating Business Unit Leadership teams, and HSE teams, utilising best practice and leveraging capability and communities of practice to enhance the overall HSE performance.
- Developing, influencing and contributing to cohesive, collaborative and innovative senior leadership teams within CSIRO leadership and HSE, ensuring seamless and proactive connection between all areas of HSE and the organisation more broadly.
Location: Sydney, NSW or Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$136K - AU$150K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a minimum of 5 years of experience in HSE leadership and management within large or complex organisations.
- Extensive HSE business partner experience in the areas of culture change, leadership, legislative framework and the responsibilities of organisations and leaders.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills, e.g. utilising collective leadership to create connection across all teams within the HSE team and across the broader organisation to provide a seamless, organisational approach, leveraging specialist capability and establishing work priorities to enable delivery of high quality and timely outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, incorporating excellent communication (written and verbal), complex influencing and persuasiveness strategies and ability to work with staff and stakeholders across geographically-diverse locations on a range of related/non-related business functions to gain support.
- Proven ability in thinking laterally and strategically, developing and selecting appropriate course of action, providing contingencies, particularly through ambiguity.
- A proven track record of building, motivating and supporting high performing teams including leadership and partnering to improve performance, drive and deliver challenging goals through managers, teams and others resulting in strategic change.
- Previous experience fostering a culture committed to flexibility and adaptability, diversity and inclusion, customer centric service delivery while managing technically excellent and cutting-edge work and continuous improvement.
Please note that appointment to this role is subject to a National Police Check.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
11.59PM AEST Thursday 22nd August, 2019