- Dynamic and challenging career opportunity
- Influence the future of national and global energy
- Spearhead innovation, research, commercialisation and stakeholder partnerships!
This is an outstanding leadership opportunity to position ASTRI as a global innovator in Concentrated Solar Thermal (CST) Technology. This opportunity will capitalise on the increasing demands for sustainable energy and shape the future of the industry. ASTRI was established through collaboration to achieve the goal of maximising technology to reduce the cost for CST plant construction and operation.
As the Director, a key accountability will be the delivery of ASTRI’s strategy which details ASTRI’s role in enabling the commercial viability of CST through the development, demonstration and deployment of emerging technologies, with the absolute focus on maximising Australia’s comparative advantage. In achieving ASTRI’s objectives you will clearly lead and nurture ASTRI’s key relationships with partners across all stakeholder groups including government, industry, international collaborators and other Research institutions.
Specifically you will:
- As the ASTRI business leader ensure the key business areas supporting research, operations and commercial outcomes are managed is a strategic and coordinated manner.
- In supporting the Research Manager have oversight for overall research strategy and programs.
- Lead engagement and partnership through representation of ASRTI as well as promoting and facilitating collaboration with national and international stakeholders.
- Ensure ASTRI’s financial, funding and program commitments are resourced and optimised though people and infrastructure resources.
To be an outstanding candidate you will have a career history of leading organisations with an emphasis on developing people, stakeholder relationships and industry communities. You will have highly developed. analytical problem solving skills, a demonstrated track record of commercial acumen, negotiation and a knowledge of Australian and International energy markets.
Salary: competitive salary package
Tenure: 4 years
Closing date: 1 December 2017
Please apply online at www.beilby.com.au quoting reference number 13308. For initial enquiries or for any assistance in making your application, please call David Gallagher on (02) 4044 0440.