- Be part of a supportive and motivated team culture
- Enjoy a healthy work life balance in this Fixed Term role
- Competitive Salary + Superannuation + Range of employee benefits
About the role
As the Grassland Ecologist, you will plan for and deliver a grassland management plan for the Western Grassland Reserve and identified reserves to be established under the Victorian Government Biodiversity Conservation Strategy for Melbourne's Growth Corridors. You will have responsibilities across a range of areas of work, such as maintaining and improving grassland biodiversity through adaptive management. Project delivery is time-bound and requires a clear focus on delivery timeframes and successful project management. You will perform a variety of tasks and work in all phases of a project, from the beginning stages to completion under direction. You will report through the Area Chief Ranger for Western Grasslands and Melton Plains on the specific project, depending on complexity/focus and other requirements. The Grassland Ecologist must have a thorough understanding of native grassland biodiversity.
We're looking for someone with:
- Degree in botany, ecology, environmental science, or environmental management with strong expertise in flora & fauna ecology, plant conservation and/or landscape ecology.
- Experience in Native Temperate Grassland restoration and management on a landscape scale.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret scientific information (including critical review of technical literature, as well as the outcomes of research and monitoring projects) and to understand and communicate their implications for environmental management to diverse audiences.
Your application will need to include:
- A current Resume
- A Cover Letter
Application Closing date: Sunday, 10 December 2023
About Parks Victoria
Parks Victoria's vision is to be a world-class parks service, ensuring healthy parks for healthy people. It is a statutory authority with responsibility for managing an expanding and diverse estate covering more than 4 million hectares, or about 17 per cent, of Victoria.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you. For a confidential discussion about the role, call Greg Hitch on 0437 846 151 or apply online!
Parks Victoria is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance for child abuse and all forms of harm to children, in accordance with the Victorian Child Safe Standards. All prospective employees are to undergo a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment.
Parks Victoria recognises diversity and inclusion is everyone's business. We value a culture where everyone can be themselves at work, regardless of background, orientation, age or gender, that brings out our best, values everyone's contribution and works within a flexible working environment, ultimately reflecting the community we serve.
Only people with Australian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a non-citizen with a valid visa that provides work rights may apply for this position