Lead Operations Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Central Coast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Lead Operations Engineer
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Central Coast, NSW
- Leadership opportunity within Water and Sewer delivering critical services to the community
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent full time
- Leaseback Vehicle/Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
As the Lead Operations Engineer, you will manage the day-to-day work and functions of the Senior Operations Engineers, Operations Engineers and Technical Officers. You will collaborate with other staff to complete the programs and projects within the Systems Operations team.
This position will also be responsible for a full range of water and sewer operations functions, through providing strategic, operational advice combined with the day to day response, control and investigation of operational issues.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Manage and support a team of technical staff to achieve agreed goals and outcomes
- Allocate resources, assets and equipment required within budget parameters and authorise expenditure and budget in accordance with the position delegation, including contract management
- Utilise knowledge and experience of Council's SCADA system, GIS and other operational data sets to identify operational improvements to water and sewer network operations
- Develop business cases that clearly define opportunities and strategies for water and sewer network operational improvements
- Work with field teams and other key stakeholders to monitor and control significant operational events and activities including water bulk transfers, planned system outages or emergency events
- Develop and deliver infrastructure upgrades and re-engineering projects for water and sewer networks, which may include preparing and reviewing technical specifications and contract documents for capital and operational projects.
- You will be qualified in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- You will be a strong communicator and have demonstrated experience in leading teams
- You will be experienced delivering water and sewer network projects and programs
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous leave provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health and Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health and wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of service
- Council Child Care salary sacrifice
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the position description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $96.3k to $135.1k per annum dependent on skills and experience (inclusive of Market Loading and 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance) + 11% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $200 per week ($10,450 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass a Confined Spaces medical.
Enquiries: Owen Boustead Section Manager Systems Operations on 0459 034 867
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at midnight on Sunday 25 February 2024.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Feb 2024
- NSW - Central Coast
- Range of between $96.3k to $135.1k per annum + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time