Environmental Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Central Coast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environmental Project Manager
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Erina NSW
- Environmental Management! in the Water and Sewer directorate
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
- Leaseback Vehicle/Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
Use your specialist environmental management skills to provide project management services to the Water and Sewer directorate.
This role will see you interpreting environmental legislation and providing environmentally sound construction solutions to water and sewer services and infrastrucure.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Provide environmental project management services to Council’s Water and Sewer Department particularly in the interpretation of environmental legislation and their effects;
- Manage specialist environmental consultants, laboratory and environmental engineering services to improve environmental outcomes;
- Initiate investigations, conduct assessment and review of operational and capital projects, ensuring they are in line with environmental legislation.
- Your high level project managaement skills and environmentally aware attitude will see you thrive in this role;
- You enjoy leading and managing projects, and engaging with stakeholders as required;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of water and sewer professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
Please refer to the Position Description through the 'Apply' button for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $92.1k to $110.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 10.5% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles OR a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is also an available option.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role, with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Stephen Legge, Section Manager Asset Delivery on ph: 0401 580 355
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 26 March 2023.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Mar 2023
- NSW - Erina
- $92.1k to $110.5k per annum + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time