Sustainability Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Be responsible for our sustainability reporting
- Manage the company’s response to modern slavery risks
- Hybrid working combining office-based and work from home
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia, and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager to join our Safety and Sustainability team in this full time permanent role. Reporting to the Group Manager, Sustainability and Community, this role is responsible for sustainability reporting and compliance with the Modern Slavery Act.
- Draft the text, collate the data and manage the reviews and audit for the Alinta Energy and the Loy Yang B sustainability reports.
- Drive the program in mitigating the risk of Modern Slavery in the supply chain that delivers against supply chain commitments, advise and trains internal stakeholders, facilitates the Modern Slavery working group and annual Modern Slavery statement reporting.
- Where necessary, develop or contribute to policy consultation papers that relate to greenhouse gas emissions / climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. sustainability, business or procurement), with experience in a sustainability role
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Sustainability Manager who is looking to work in a small team in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment. You will be a key member of the sustainability and community team and have exposure and oversight to a diverse range of essential policy work and sustainability initiatives.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks, and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: 18 Nov 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Closing Date:
- 02 Dec 2022
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time