- Permanent, full time
- Circa $98k + super, fortnightly RDO
- Located in Preston, onsite parking, close to transport
About City of Darebin
The City of Darebin is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, covering an area of around 53 square kilometres of land and encompassing the areas of Bundoora, Kingsbury and Macleod, Fairfield and Alphington, Northcote, Preston, Reservoir, Coburg and Thornbury.
The City Design team designs and plans the future of our open spaces and public places to be thriving and resilient so all communities can flourish. Through understanding place and history, community needs and urban trends, the city design team seeks to enable sustainable change and promote excellence in design.
About the Role
Use your skills in master planning, playground design and streetscape improvements to lead the design and help oversee the delivery of open space, playspaces, streetscapes and civic space improvements across the municipality, guided by Council’s highly ambitious Open Space Strategy. Work closely with the Coordinator City Design to grow a small team of exceptional people.
View the position description.
- Support the Coordinator City Design in delivering extraordinary outcomes for the Darebin community
- Develop and deliver all aspects of design projects including masterplans, streetscape plans and park improvement plans
- Collaborate with the other areas of Council that are engaged in design-related projects, such as Place Managers and Strategic Planners
- Oversee the work of urban designers, landscape architects and other staff
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Urban Design and/or Landscape Architecture theory and practice
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary projects with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex stakeholder relationships
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of cultures, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation and housing needs. You will work for an organisation that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence.
- Excellent career progression opportunities provided
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fortnightly RDO
How to Apply
Start your application by clicking ‘Apply now'. Candidates must provide a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter. People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Contact Anika Labadie, Coordinator City Design on 0411 056 067 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday, 12 July 2020 at 11.30pm.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.