- Permanent, full time
- Circa $98k + super, onsite parking, monthly RDO
- Based at Reservoir Operations Centre
About City of Darebin
The City of Darebin is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, covering an area of around 53 square kilometres of land and encompassing the areas of Bundoora, Kingsbury and Macleod, Fairfield and Alphington, Northcote, Preston, Reservoir, Coburg and Thornbury. We have adopted a highly ambitious open space strategy, and we are building an extraordinary team of professionals to deliver on that strategy.
About the Role
Use your unique blend of strategic thinking and operational savvy to deliver on Council’s vision. Develop an integrated management plan which translates all of Darebin’s strategic intentions into an operational reality. Lead numerous continuous improvement projects to greatly improve service delivery. Design and implement technological solutions to assist the front line teams. Grow a small team of exceptional people. View the position description.
- Support the Manager Parks and Open Space in delivering extraordinary outcomes for the Darebin community
- Manage the nexus between high level strategy and on the ground operations
- Take Darebin’s highly ambitious strategies and translate them into practical, on ground service delivery
- Lead the department’s efforts in continuous improvement
- Oversee and deliver a variety of important projects
- Supervise and direct the efforts of the growing projects and strategy team
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in translating strategic intent into practical application
- Fluency in parks and open space strategies, including asset management systems and integrated management approaches
- Sound understanding of operations in a parks management context
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement projects
- Understanding of financial modelling
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of cultures, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation and housing needs. You will work for an organisation that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence.
- Excellent career progression opportunities provided
- Flexible working arrangements
- Monthly RDO
- A rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of open space management
How to Apply
Start your application by clicking ‘Apply now’ and you will be directed to our recruitment portal. Candidates must provide a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter. People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Contact Steve Tierney, Manager Parks and Open Space on 0456 691 808 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Monday, 8 June 2020 at 12 noon.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.