- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Band 5 - $73K - $83K + Super
- Maximum term position to June 2021
- Job Ref: 17955
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT PLANNING IN MORELAND
Moreland continues to undergo rapid population growth, development and change. The position offers diverse planning opportunities with a variety of residential, commercial and industrial proposals ranging from small scale extensions to heritage buildings to mixed use developments. This role will suit a recent planning graduate, or a planner with some experience looking to broaden their skills in an inner metropolitan environment.
The Moreland planning team has a focus on providing training and development of officers and continuously improving planning services in order to facilitate high quality, environmentally sustainable urban outcomes. The planning application process at Moreland is 100% digital. This offers a paperless environment and efficiencies to customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in town planning or significant relevant experience and a tertiary qualification in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory planning and related legislation
- Practical IT skills applicable to statutory planning processes
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and managing stakeholder relations in a politically sensitive environment
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including problem solving skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Fortnightly RDO
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Darren Camilleri on 9240 1281.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 26 July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.