- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Maximum term position commencing late June 2019
- Join our contemporary leadership team to drive change
- Epicentre of growth, potential and opportunity
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast growing city which is home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a strategic and inspirational leader who is future focused and collaborative, with a track record of delivering results. You will be politically astute, have a strong community focus and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships that support strategic outcomes.
Reporting to the Director City Futures and as a key member of the City Futures Leadership team, you will contribute to the overall success of Council through population planning and stewardship of the full suite of external facing strategies. You will lead strategy development including land use and development policy, planning scheme amendments, urban design, affordable housing, research service and the community infrastructure framework. You will lead how the organisation plans to achieve positive social, environmental, economic and amenity outcomes today and into the future, through oversight of external strategies across all business units.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A relevant tertiary qualification(s) and substantial experience in a public sector environment at a senior level.
- Significant experience leading, coaching and developing teams
- Highly developed conceptual skills and the ability to identify opportunities, make linkages and develop and implement projects, both directly and in partnership with others, to deliver high quality and innovative community outcomes.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, advocate and position the organisation’s role, direction, objectives and plans before a diverse range of audiences.
- Exceptional strategic thinker with proven leadership and commercial astuteness with a track record in leading change within a complex, political and high-profile organisation.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Fantastic working culture
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Kate Shearer on 9240 1230.
Applications close: 5pm, 24 May 2019. Interviews will be held during the week of Monday 3 June 2019.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.