Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
We are seeking an experienced leader who is future focused and collaborative, with a track record of delivering results. You will be a key player in leading, developing and delivering Council’s community services focused on innovation and excellence. You will be politically astute and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships that support the delivery of high quality development outcomes.
Operating as part of a multi-disciplinary Branch, with four Planning Coordinators reporting to you, you will effectively manage the Urban Planning functions including Council’s statutory planning, subdivision and planning enforcement responsibilities, human resources and financial and administrative systems in accordance with the Council’s objectives and policies.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Drive a constructive team culture delivering high performance
- Driving a customer focussed planning team in managing the consideration and determination of planning permit applications that deliver enhanced quality outcomes to the community
- Balance service delivery and strategic objectives
- Oversee preparation of annual budget and service unit plan
- Maintaining a programmed approach to continuous improvement in planning systems and service delivery
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have specialist skills in statutory and strategic planning, urban design, environmental sustainability, and allied disciplines
- Be a progressive leader with a collaborative approach
- Have a strong background in Town planning or related fields
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in town planning or a related discipline
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, free onsite parking, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
We offer you the opportunity to work within a large and talented team within a superior organisation. If you want to be part of the experience that only Moreland City Council can offer, and have the required skills and qualifications, then please submit your resume and cover letter by logging into our careers site though the following link: https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/MorelandCity/
For further information please contact Phillip Priest, Acting Director City Futures on 9240 1280.
Applications close: 5pm, 13 January 2019
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.