Urban Design Co-ordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Brimbank City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Urban Design Co-ordinator
Would you like to help lead a large award winning Urban Design Department which is significantly transforming public space in Melbourne’s second largest municipality?
Brimbank City Council is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified landscape architect/urban designer to the role of Urban Design Coordinator within Council's Urban Design Department. Since 2008, Urban Design has driven the transformation of the public realm across parks, streets and activity centres and has been recognised for this work with multiple industry awards.
The Urban Design Coordinator plays a key role in delivering capital works projects and the development of urban design frameworks that continue this transformation within activity centres while also providing key advice, advocacy and direction for Council on large scale infrastructure projects. This role will contribute significantly, internally within Council and externally with stakeholders, to one of Council’s key strategic objectives in the Council Plan, creating a Liveable Community. Quality urban design outcomes are crucial in delivering this objective.
The Urban Design Coordinator is responsible for a team of five landscape architects/urban designers and reports directly to the Manager Urban Design. You will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or similar
- Significant experience in the development of urban design frameworks and other plans for activity centres
- Significant experience in the design and delivery of public realm upgrades
- Experience in community consultation
- High level written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Do you have a professional tertiary qualification in urban design, architecture or landscape architecture?
- Do you have experience in the delivery of design, documentation and implementation of public realm projects?
- Do you have experience in strategic decision making and the development of urban design frameworks / precinct plans / public realm strategies?
Closing Date: April 30, 2018
- Closing Date:
- 30 Apr 2018
- VIC - Sunshine
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning