Coordinator City Planning - [Archived Advertisement]
Brimbank City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Coordinator City Planning
The City Planning Department at Brimbank is innovative, responsive and a leader in the field of electronic application lodgement and processing. We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed planning professional to join the leadership team as a Co-ordinator.
In this role, you will lead a team of dedicated staff who strive to achieve the best outcome for all applications and offer a high level of customer service. You will lead by example and will be empowered to seek better ways of working whilst fostering a learning environment where your staff can thrive. You will continue the strong team culture and ensure that Council's Values and Behaviours are at the forefront of all that you do.
- Ability to work in accordance with our values and behaviours.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in planning or a related discipline together with extensive and diverse relevant planning experience.
- An advanced understanding of the Victorian planning system, extensive experience in administering planning related legislation and regulations, and an ability to implement strategic plans and policies through the statutory planning process.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytic skills, a capacity to identify and develop solutions to statutory planning issues, and a commitment to process improvement of planning functions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level advice about statutory planning matters at a senior level, excellent writing and presentation skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and to managing stakeholder relations in a politically sensitive environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and problem solving skills and the ability to negotiate and mediate between parties.
- Well-developed project management skills, including an ability to manage a range of issues simultaneously, and to determine resource and workforce requirements.
- Experience in leading and motivating teams, fostering the professional development of individuals, and managing the performance of staff.
- Experience in preparing and administering budgets, or having input into their preparation and administration.
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity and the ability to identify potential risks or conflicts and implement procedures to address them.
- Strong computer skills and a commitment to encouraging, maintaining and enhancing online delivery of planning services.
Contact number: 0392494118
Applications close: April 4, 2018
- Closing Date:
- 04 Apr 2018
- VIC - Sunshine
- $122,500.00 plus super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning