At Aurecon we see the future through a very different lens. Do you?
Innovation, eminence and digital are at the heart of everything we do. Are you excited about the future?
Are you driven by the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and complex projects around the world and to learn from the best? We are.
Diversity is at the core of everything we do. We work together to create a culture based on respect, trust and inclusiveness. Our differences are what fuel our creativity.
We embrace flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
What will you do?
Aurecon’s Energy team is a key player in the energy sector - part of the transformation, part of the future. The team is primarily responsible for the provision of energy design, delivery and consulting services required to support a wide range of projects across the energy supply chain Australia-wide. This includes the development and implementation of power projects, including their connection to electrical infrastructure, spanning renewable energy (wind, solar PV, biomass, hydro), storage technologies (batteries, pumped hydro) and traditional thermal plant.
We know the work we do is vital in assisting our world’s economic development and, it’s the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart.
Here are the key things you will do to ‘bring ideas to life’.
· Form and lead or be part of multi-disciplinary teams that advise our clients on the development and implementation of renewable generation projects.
· Focus on utility scale wind developments in Australia however knowledge of Solar PV and other renewable technologies would also be beneficial.
· Provide support to and lead our clients through all stages of wind farm development projects, from prospecting and initial resource assessment, development approvals, grid connection to implementation including client support with EPC contracting and leading Owners and Lenders Engineer teams.
· The role will work closely with the Melbourne and Adelaide Energy team which includes electrical, mechanical and civil/structural engineers as well as Aurecon’s wider Energy team in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
· Search for innovative ideas and concepts to further improve delivery processes for the business
We know today’s complex challenges can only be solved through bringing together diverse teams of people from across our business, so there will be opportunities for you to apply your skills and creativity to projects in other geographies and markets.
What can you bring to the team?
Firstly, you will share our genuine passion for re-imagining engineering and be someone who actively pursues continuous learning to help shape the future. Further, you will be able to offer:
· Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, preferably electrical however this is not mandatory if you have appropriate wind development experience.
· Significant experience in a role with a renewable power project developer/owner/operator or with close contact to the electricity industry.
· Knowledge and experience with the development and/or implementation of renewable power projects.
· High level knowledge of HV electrical systems and their construction and commissioning.
· Knowledge and involvement with grid connection of generation and/or large loads to the high voltage network
· Knowledge of the National Electricity Rules, and the technical requirements for generator performance
· Experience with business development including client interfacing, tendering, contract negotiation along with exceptional communication skills and a strong local industry network.
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
Our Aurecon Attributes describe the types of people we bring together for clients. We don’t expect you to have all eight of the attributes, but one that is unique to you.
Finally, we value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life. Does that sound like you?
We’ve re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company, but not as you know it!
For a start, our clients’ ideas drive what we do. Drawing on our deep pool of expertise, we co-create innovative solutions with our clients to some of the world’s most complex challenges. And through a range of unique creative processes and skills, we work to re-imagine, shape and design a better future.
We listen deeply and intently, which helps us see opportunities, possibilities and potential that others can’t.
Think engineering. Think again.
Want to know more? You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Aurecon by visiting the careers section of our website.
If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Want to receive jobs directly to your inbox?
Subscribe to our FREE Weekly e-Bulletin and/or customised job alerts and receive the latest positions directly to your inbox.