Senior Environment Advisor - NSW - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Rail Track Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Australian Government selected ARTC to deliver the Inland Rail Program, a leading edge, career defining infrastructure project which is set to enhance supply chains and complete the backbone of the sustainable national freight network between Brisbane to Melbourne. Comprising 13 individual projects and spanning more than 1,700 km, Inland Rail is the largest freight rail infrastructure project in Australia and one of the most significant infrastructure projects in the world. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail. com.au.
About the Position
The Senior Environment Advisors' primary objective is to oversee the implementation and management for environmental requirements of the construction of the Narrabri to North Star Phase 1 project in NSW, within the Inland Rail Program. Providing the appropriate environmental management to deliver the construction requirements of project. The role is responsible for development and implementation of strategies, reports, audits and procedures to support the management during the construction, commissioning and start of operations of this project. Additionally, they will deliver the development of nominated plans, technical environmental support and management during these phases.
Your responsibilities will include and are not restricted to:
- Provide support to the nominated Delivery Team, State Environment Manager and Program Environment Manager to ensure the delivery of effective environmental and sustainability policies, management, assessment of environmental impacts and the compliant and on target delivery of the nominated project;
- Responsible for oversight of technical advice in the assessment and mitigation of environmental impacts and development of planning and environmental management strategies, documents and procedures;
- Lead the delivery of environmental studies associated with Feasibility Studies, Environmental Impact Assessments and Construction Managements Plans, as required; and,
- Establish, manage and maintain relationships with regulatory authorities, government agencies and relevant stakeholders to ensure that ARTC’s environmental management is sensitive to industry trends, stakeholder, community and regulatory expectations and legislation, as required.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate experience and capability in the following key areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or an environmentally related discipline;
- Experience in the environmental management during the construction of linear or significant infrastructure projects, preferably in NSW;
- Management of environmental impact assessments, planning approval processes and environmental approvals for major infrastructure projects in NSW, either brownfield or greenfield;
- Knowledge of relevant State (NSW) and Federal environmental legislation including project approval process and construction requirements;
- Management and delivery of the environmental scope of work during construction incorporating monitoring, auditing, compliance, incident management and reporting;
- Ability to work with senior management and contractors, building support for an environmentally compliant work culture and negotiate with stakeholders on complex environment and policy issues; and,
- High level communication skills, as well as the ability to build and sustain relationships will see you excel in this key position.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now' by COB 6th December. Please note that applications may be considered and progressed prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Dec 2020
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Science/Earth Science