Parks Assets and Services Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
First listed on: 16 February 2017
Parks Assets and Services Manager
- $132,051 per annum plus superannuation
- Full time permanent position
- Option to enter into a 19 day month arrangement
An opportunity has arisen for a parks professional within the City Greening and Leisure Unit to assist in managing our parks and public open space network.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outcomes focused person to lead the Parks Assets and Services team in delivering high quality parks and open spaces, to effectively oversee contract service delivery, to manage relationships with customers and stakeholders, and deliver a range of works to improve and enhance these public spaces.
The primary responsibilities of the role are;
- To provide strategic leadership in the management of City parks through the implementation of parks and open space programs to deliver the City’s Sustainable Sydney 2030 Strategy, the Greening Sydney Plan and the City’s Delivery Program.
- To lead and manage the operation of parks services, projects, and community programs, to control budgets and implement work systems, develop and improve programs, procedures and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of staff, and meet the needs of the community and stakeholders within Council.
- To provide the highest quality public recreation facilities, experiences and opportunities by improving the quality and quantity of living assets to maximize the environmental, social and economic benefits provided to the community.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in contract management, project management, and an understanding of the objectives required in managing public parks and open spaces. Experience in managing staff and finances is highly desirable.
You will also have a keen eye for detail, and a passion for working with people to deliver results.
Applications must address the essential and desirable selection criteria stated within the position description, include the names and telephone numbers of two referees who have been your direct supervisors, and be made online via this website by Wednesday, 1 March 2017.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Closing Date:
- 01 Mar 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time