Central Highlands Water is a major regional employer, and we want you to join us!
An exciting fixed-term (until 11 September 2025) opportunity as a Team Leader Chemistry in the Central Highlands Region! Be a part of a diverse, collaborative and supportive team-based environment.
At CHW we provide drinking water, sewerage, trade waste and recycled water services to residents and businesses in the Central Highlands region of Victoria. We are a public sector employer with a proud history spanning more than 150 years of supporting regional prosperity through service excellence.
Central Highlands Water is a growing business which strives to create a thriving and sustainable region by providing the highest quality water related service to our diverse customer base. This opportunity is a vital role to shape the future of how our services support our community.
To learn more about CHW and how our everyday people contribute to the Central Highlands region of Victoria, visit our website, or check out our LinkedIn or Instagram pages!
The Team Leader Chemistry, in conjunction with the Manager Laboratory Services, is responsible for the operation of the chemistry laboratory, including all procedures relevant to chemical testing of water and wastewater to satisfy NATA requirements.
Click here for a more detailed position description.
Safety is our No. 1 priority, and we expect you will actively contribute to and foster a 'safety first' culture that supports our aspiration of zero harm. This means you care deeply about the physical and psychological safety of people so that our team return home in great shape at the end of the day.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Relevant qualifications, experience, specialist knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and the ability to deliver on quality and timely results for customers.
- Highly developed organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated and highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and safety awareness regarding Occupation, Health and Safety requirements.
What's in it for you?
Working for one of the region's largest employers you will be part of an organisation that is high achieving, cohesive and always striving for better customer outcomes. We're full of "everyday people" that are great to work with and reflect our community!
We're offering a supportive environment and offer a huge range of employee options and benefits. Other benefits include accrued time off, generous leave options, professional development, industry collaboration, health and wellbeing programs and a supportive management team.
At CHW you will:
- Have access to training and development opportunities that will further develop your knowledge and skills.
- Be part of an organisation that strongly promotes work life balance, flexibility, safety and wellbeing.
- Work in an organisation that makes a difference to our community.
- Be part of an organisation that cares about you, your safety and wellbeing.
How to apply
If you want to make a positive impact through meaningful work and have the energy, courage and ideas to take on a challenge, we’d love to hear from you! To submit your application, click on APPLY to be redirected to our website and for a copy of the Position Description. While you are on our website, take a look around. You won't be disappointed!
- Please ensure you provide a cover letter and your resume.
For a confidential chat about the role, please contact Stephanie Burzacott on 0428 725 983.
Applications close 9am Wednesday 29 November 2023
- Please note, as part of our selection process, we conduct pre-appointment checks including those related to references, identity, fitness to work, qualifications, work history, work visa, and police record history.
- This role may be subject to a probation period.
We welcome applications from people with disability and aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, please contact Stephanie Burzacott.
If you need a copy of this advertisement in an accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At CHW we are dedicated to supporting our team's physical and mental wellbeing. We offer flexible and hybrid working opportunities. We assist our team to develop, as people and as leaders. We value diversity and inclusion - our workforce is a place where the melding of a range of views and perspectives is celebrated.