Water Treatment Operator - [Archived Advertisement]
There has never been a more exciting time to work at Seqwater! We are recruiting for multiple newly created Water Treatment Operators across all our regions. If you are looking to truly make a difference every day to your community then this is the role for you! As a Water Treatment Operator, you will undertake a range of duties to ensure continuous and efficient operation of water treatment plants.
- Relocation assistance considered for the successful applicant
- Flexible work arrangements/part time opportunities available
Seqwater is one of the largest water businesses with the most geographically spread and diverse asset base of any capital city water authority. Our operations extend from the New South Wales border to the base of the Toowoomba ranges.
About Your Opportunity
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor Supply, you will use sound judgement and technical knowledge to ensure supply demand is met, whilst monitoring and testing water quality, chemical dosing and responding to and resolving alarms and equipment faults.
This role is responsible for:
- Operate, monitor, control and optimise the water treatment processes and maintain specified outcomes as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures by application of skills and experience across multiple water treatment plants.
- Undertake all duties required to effectively and efficiently operate water treatment plants.
- Apply judgement to establish chemical doses and process variables using the SCADA system.
- Evaluate and apply knowledge to solve problems (in all conditions) with treatment processes and equipment that will impact on plant output and water quality and implement remedial actions.
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other medical/character requirements. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Hours and Locations
This role will be part of team that works on a roster including weekends, public holidays and some on-call work (shift allowances apply).
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- C class drivers’ license (Mandatory)
- Certificate II or higher in Water Industry Operations (Treatment) (Mandatory)
- Sound working knowledge of water infrastructure and the operation of associated equipment and plant.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of Water Treatment Plants.
- Understanding and experience in application of quality assurance systems including but not limited to HACCP systems and principles
This position has a salary range of $66,000 - $83,901 p.a. plus 12.75% superannuation.
For a more detailed preview of the work that you will be involved in for this role, feel free to take a look at the position description on our careers page - https://www.linkedin.com/company/seqwater/
If you are looking for an extraordinary career in which you can make a real impact, we'd love to hear from you!
Submit your resume to email@example.com
- QLD - Brisbane
- $66,000 to $83,901 + shift allowances
- Work Type:
- Full Time