Head of Engineering - Commercial Solar - [Archived Advertisement]
Kuga Electrical (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Engineering - Commercial Solar
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts and strong growth, we are currently seeking a Head of Engineering to lead our Commercial Solar Project Engineering Division. This role has direct reports and will be reporting directly to the CEO. The role will be based at our Head Office in Keysborough Victoria.
This role is suitable for a high performing engineer who:
- Is a great electrical and solar engineer
- Looking for a broad, engaging and empowering leadership role
- Is driven, motivated and wants to work with successful team members
- Is creative and looking to play an industry leading role in delivering innovation to the market
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate technical ability covering:
- Projects engineered and delivered to budget ranging from 1MW+ rooftop and ground mounted Solar PV Systems.
- Application of applicable Australian Standards, industry best practices and methodologies
- Optimisation of DC and AC designs to improve cost or performance
- The research, development and implement of business improvement opportunities to gain efficiencies or cost savings
- Design, specification and construction plan for:
- 1mW+ rooftops, 1mW to 5mW ground mount Solar PV installations
- Over 1mWh BESS installations
- LV AC electrical connection inclusive of scope of work, protection, switchboards, isolation and cables
- HV AC electrical connection inclusive of scope of work, protection, switchboards, isolation and cables
- Site set out plans for ground mount and solar carport systems
- Design of control systems and metering
About Kuga Electrical
Kuga Electrical are market leaders in Commercial and Industrial Solar Installations, with significant year on year growth for over 5 years. We provide our customers with industry-leading solutions and highly attractive return on investments. We are constantly expanding and offer great career development opportunities to our high-performing staff.
Kuga has built a reputation as a successful C&I Solar EPC. 80% of our work is over 500kW in size and range from Rootop, Ground Mount and Solar Car Parks. A sample of our current project pipeline and typical projects our engineering team is working on would include:
- Rooftop solar projects over 1mW
- Ground mount projects over 2mW
- Off-grid over 1mW of PV, 1mWh of battery and diesel gen sets
- Solar carport projects over 500kW
We are a values driven organization with a strong team culture. With a reputation of retaining many employees over several years, our innovative culture thrives to maintain a market leadership position in procurement, in-house product design, and a vertically integrated service offering.
- VIC - Keysborough
- $130,000 - $159,999
- Work Type:
- Full Time